Monday, July 14, 2014

Thrift Share Monday July 14, 2014

I'm back!!!

Hello lovely vintage adorers, and fellow thrifters. 

I'm back, and in the swing of estate sales again, and loving it.  I started a new job last month, and my weekends are free once again.  You have no idea how excited I am about it.  Two day weekends are sooooooo long, it's fabulous (I was previously working 6 days a week).

This weekend was an awesome weekend.  I scored some great items.  So here we go.

It was a Pyrex weekend, and that makes me happy.  Over the last year Pyrex has been scarce.  So I'm trilled when I find it, and at amazing prices too.

Don't you love Pink Gooseberry Fridgies? With their lids!!!

More Pyrex please.  How about a large yellow and small Delphite mixing bowl (it's blue all the way through).



OMG!!! I have never seen Delphite in the wild. It's beautiful!  A gallon of milk cost more than that Bluebelle beauty.  Seriously, and at an estate sale.  Their prices were almost garage sale like. Almost.

Guess what?  Yup, more Pyrex.



I don't see these Pyrex percolators out and about too often, only a handful of times and two of those times I've bought 'em, but only one had it's innards.  Now this one does too. Who knows what Pyrex was thinking when it made it's inserts out of glass.  I bet hundreds of people broke them on the first use.  So it's amazing to find these all in tact. 

Ok, ok. I'm done with showing off my Pyrex.  How about some Catherine Holmes ware?



Yeah, didn't I say this weekend was awesome?  I love it!

My partner in crime was out with me this weekend, but didn't get too much.  However, I do love this gorgeous satin blue candy dish she got. I've named it Heisenberg. 



Last weekend my mom redid her bedroom, painted and new floors. So she told me the other day to look out for a night stand.  She didn't want a rectangle box, wanted something with legs, and space below.  Could she be any more specific?  I think I found what she wanted.  She's gonna let it grow on her, then if she likes it she'll stain it darker.


Isn't it so freaken cute?!!! Seriously, it's amazing. 

Let's get 70's. Mushroom canisters anyone?



Last but not least I want to share some pretty kitties I got two weeks ago.



These metal Sexton cats are purrrfet.  Yeah sorry I couldn't resit.  They're perfect as in so Mid-Century perfect, amazing items to hang on your wall. They do have the aged/distress markings (scuffs and scratches) on them, but with items like these that just adds to the greatness.  M.E.O.W!

Whew!  How's this post for getting back in the saddle of thrifting.  Yay!!!

So, how was your weekend?  Any amazing finds?  If you blog about them you're more than welcome to add the link to your post with your comment.  :-)

I'm linking up with Sir Thrift A Lot

5 comments:

  1. Great finds! Pyrex has been scarce around here too. Or when I do find it, it's way overpriced. I've been collecting a lot of ironstone lately and I found a set of 8 tea cups and saucers this weekend for 50 cents a piece. Plus a couple salad plates in another pattern for $1 each. Here's a post of my most finds over the past couple weeks if you are interested: http://thejunkhouse.blogspot.com/2014/07/weekend-junk-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new Pyrex - its in fabulous shape!

    Your mom's nightstand is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great things you found!! And your pics are really nice too!!

    ReplyDelete