It's been forever. I've missed you. How are you?
Me? I've been doing well. Laying low, keeping to myself. However, that has turned into a good thing. I'm actually here today with something exciting, and I need some help. I've written a sewing pattern!
Yup! That's right. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now, but I'm always tired (hence my blog name "sleeping"). Also, I'm a habitual procrastinator. Which ultimately means, I have other things I really really should be doing right now, but I'm procrastinating, and did this instead. :-D
Here's my coin purse story in a nutshell.
So, over four years ago, January 2011, I made my first Folding Coin Purse. I wanted a coin purse that let me see and easily access my coins. To begin the process I used paper to create little boxes to figure out the shape of the coin purse I wanted.
|Sorry about the quality of this photo. It's an old photo, that I had to enlarge.|
Therefore, I worked diligently troubleshooting the size and shape to get the design exactly how I wanted it to be...so far. (I've been using the rejects to hold my sewing machine's feet and empty bobbins).
|The third one is just right.|
I did it! Finally! I wrote my very first pattern. :-)
|Me writing the pattern in my loft.|
This little coin purse is a quick and easy project. Start to finish time - (it should be) under an hour . It's a great sewing project for beginners (I hope), and it's a fantastic scrap buster. Using one fat quarter for the whole purse or two fat eighths.
So, now what? Well, now that the pattern is written I need volunteer testers to help me determine if the pattern is user friendly. Answering a few questions regarding the patterns usability (ex. Are the instructions clear? Are there not enough details, or pictures? Are there steps missing and I'm didn't notice, because I make these and know the steps in my head?).
I'm looking for 5-10 testers, from beginner sewers to Pros, and I'd love to have feedback by August 22. Are you interested? If so here's the process...
- Email me and let me know you’re interested: sleepingorsewing (at) gmail.com
- I'll reply with a PDF pattern, which you'll download and print. Along with some questions.
- When you're done replay with your feedback. Also, I'd really love a photo of your finished item so I can show off your awesome finished project, created from my pattern. This step is NOT required.
- And after any tweaks you'll get a free copy of the final version of the pattern. A token of my sincere gratitude for all your help.
- One fat quarter or
- One fat eighth - exterior fabric
- One fat eighth - interior fabric
- One fat quarter - Heavyweight fusible interfacing
- One button snap
- Button snap applicator
- Chopstick (a blunt tip item)
If you don't sew but know someone who might be interested please share and let them know I'm looking for help. Thank you! :-)