Thursday, March 3, 2011

Design your own fabric?

Gasp!!!

Holy Cow!! Look what I ran into!  Spoonflower!  Have any of you used them before?

I ran into them one day as I stalked my usual blogs.  As soon as I absorbed what they do and how to do it I was determined to make some fabric of my own.  Keep in mind, yes I'm computer literate, I'm very comfortable taking and downloading pictures, however drawing is not something I would say I'm good at, and drawing with a mouse is not the easiest thing to do either.  Never the less I wanted to attempt to draw a design for my very own fabric.  Not to mention I've never used Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator before; so trying to figure out how to use Illustrator was a task in it's self. However, I managed to draw what seems to be a simple pattern, but far from it, on Illustrator.

See?  Yay!!!

You can also view it and buy it from Spoonflower.

I would love to see any fabrics you have designed.


Of course what other color did you think it was going to be? 

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric design you made. It's something I want to try on my never ending list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is lovely! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete