Tuesday, April 12, 2011

More vintage sheet coin purses

Who's gonna get tired of these vintage sheet creations?

Sorry I don't think I'm close to being tired of them yet.  I'm still obsessing over them and visiting the thrift stores, like every third day if not every other day in search of them.

Someone, please I need help.  Haha just kidding I might bite your arm off if you try to intervene....so stay back.  :-)

So as you may know I was previously having issues with small zippers on some previous small vintage sheet coin purses I've made, but I got it down now.  These are iddy bitty, and fantastic in their vintage sheet glory (now in my Etsy shop).  But I'm not gonna take all the credit.  I found and printed out this super cute little coin purse pattern  from ithinksew.  And it's free!!!  So what are you waiting for go get it.  I'll wait.

...
...
...

Did you get it?  Don't you love it?  I also loved and bought this cute clutch pattern (to be made down the line), and does this clutch look familiar?  Yes, this is where I also got the cute clutch pattern from my previous post, Clutch and Crate.  

Grab and go clutch from ithinksew.com

I have about a dozen more 4" zippers so I'll be making more coin purses until they are all used up...so be patient with me.  However, I'm on another mission so I may deter from coin purses.  I want to know how to make these fantastic fabric bowls that Sosorosey creates.  They are fan-tab-ulous!!!  I think I got down how to cut the sheets up for "yarn", but I'm having the hardest time seeing my chains.  Granted I've slightly attempted this, but I still can't see the chains ... so how am I suppose to count my chains/stitches.  Ugh!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for the shout out to my work! Maybe you need to adjust your hook size? If you get totally frustrated, or even slightly annoyed, feel free to send me a photo of what you have so far and maybe I can help.
    The little coin purses are adorable... I would *never* try to stop you from thrifting- I go almost every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute, and you must be able to get soo many out of one sheet. Thanks for the link to Sosorosey's crochet - they are fabulous. Something to aim for (one day). I've progressed to attempting crochet hearts (still keeping it small!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so relate..I have to talk myself out of thrifting so often.I just went this morning and got 2 fab sheets for $1.50 each Yay! and luckily for my pocket there were no remnants to be had - but there was a great curtain set! Anyway, I just bought the clutch pattern love it and plan on making some of my own v.s. pouches. I've been trying to decide whether I'm going to make crochet rugs out of them, and also I got the book Re-Sew and there's an awesome dress in there. Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SewLindaAnn, a rug!!! That is fantastic! I'm gonna knock that idea up close to the front on my want to do list.

    ReplyDelete