Monday, April 18, 2011

Barf!!....

Excuse me.  Didn't mean to gross you out, but I got a barf worthy situation.

Remember last month when I wrote a reallllly long post about wanting to sell?  (Thank you to all who took the time to read it.)  Well that post led me to open an Etsy shop about 6 days later.  Now one month later I get a message on Etsy.  It's from a local Etsy shop who is curating a show in two weeks.  (Yes in two weeks.)  She wants to know if I am interested in being a part of an Art, Craft and Vintage Fair.    

Pause....

I read it again...

Is this spam?...

Huh?  What?

What is she talking about?

Oh hell!!!  She's seen my shop on Esty and would like to know if I want to sell at the "May Day Art, Craft and Vintage Fair".

Wait this is spam right?  ugh!

So I ask some additional questions about the fair.  It looks very quaint, it's at a coffee house, using the coffee house's tables, but my initial response is no.  My only reason for no is because it's in two weeks, and that would mean I need to make a lot of stuff in two weeks.

I mention it to my mom and she says "do it".  "Uh mom hello it's in TWO WEEKS."

I'm leaning to say no, because how can I do what needs to be done in that amount of time.  Any of you craft showers please let me know what time frames you work in to get stuff together for a show.

My bed room is now a sweat shop (don't think in the gutter), I start tracing and cutting out fabric like a mad(crazy) woman.  I want to see how much I can get cut out and partially started before I give my answer.  I got about 10 purses cut out, and 4 about 80% completed, but this is on a Sunday, 1/2 day with no kids.

So I gave my answer.

YES!!!

Barf!!

I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but I'm gonna hate myself for who knows how long if I don't give it a try.  Might as well hate myself for failing then not trying at all...right?

Please any tips, tricks, suggestions, advice, about how to handle myself and this show.  I know sit straight, brush my hair, and talk slow (my sisters will be there to remind me of that).

Seriously advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the invite and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Good for you in saying yes! I had a recent invite for a local fair that I just had to say no to. I wanted to do it. I really did. But, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't make enough, I couldn't "be" enough for that venue- not now. Maybe never. I'm thinking I'm not a "show" person. But maybe you are!! I wish I were a show person!! Keep us posted on the whole thing, OK??? No matter what, you made the right decision. Moms always know these things :)

    ReplyDelete