One thing I've never done on my machine is run something through the tension disk to make sure they are free of debris. So that's a new trick/tip for me. Thank you for helping me fix this.
Here is what I did
- Replaced my needle (even though it was fairly new), and made sure the needle was facing the correct way.
- Dusted down inside my machine in and around the bobbin case (which I do do on a regular basis)
- Ran a paper towel between my tension disk (I think), once I googled where my tension disk might be :-o, and went ahead and a ran a dollar bill between them too (maybe my machine feels it needs to be compensated for all its hard work)
- Checked to see if my thread tension was working correctly. At first I thought it wasn't since the tension didn't seem to change as I changed the dial. Then I put my presser foot down, doh, and yes it works. :-) *Remember to put the dial back to your usual tension, otherwise you'll have thread tension issues.
- Then said some nice loving words to my machine, and pleaded for it to work (opposed to the few choice non-loving words I was saying the day before).
So with my machine running smoothly I was able to finish up some Lulu Pouches for Etsy/Violet Crown Festival and some bunting.
|Lulu Pouches ready to list|
|Groovy spring 5 flag bunting|
|Lovely red with white flowers 5 flag bunting.|
|Spring 4 flag bunting|
|Spring 8 flag bunting|