Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thrift Share Monday...Opps Tuesday - April 24

Where is my thrifting mojo?

It's garage sale season, as in Saturdays are flooded with garage sales, and for some reason or another I'm missing them.

Two weekends ago, I had a garage sale so I missed out, yeah I got rid of some junk, but I really missed out on acquiring vintage junk.  This Saturday I was out an about early, but I hit up some venues missing out on actual garage sales.  So what did that get me?  Not very much.  I should be scoring as much as I did about a month ago.  I should have the counter covered in vintage goodness to wash, but nope.

So what do I have to show for my week?

A Kromex pedestal cake stand for $2.

A not so thrifted metal magazine rack for $7.  This was purchased at a farmers market, and I my mom figured it might be a great display rack for some of my small handbags/clutches for the Violet Crown Festival I'm doing in just under two weeks.


Rack displaying Lulu Pouches.  Ugh!  Don't you hate it when moms are right?
I got this painting...well frame for my sister, $20.  She's been looking for an ornate wood  frame to display earrings.  It's a good size too, 23 x27.  You know the frame by itself is worth way more than that, and the painting is pretty nice too. 


And one, just one vintage sheet.  At least it has fantastic colors.  :-)


I got some estate sales lined up for Thursday. I'm hoping they're good.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, great biys really like the photo frame and love the vintage sheet. Have a lovely and week and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. dee x

    ReplyDelete