Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ugh! I know...more hearts

 Yeah, I'm not much of a Valentine's Day person.  Yesterday I even went online to look up anti-Valentine's Day craft's, but got infected by all the hearts, and hearts, and hearts EV-ERY-WHERE.  It was then that I decided that I needed to add something Valentine-ish to my booth for this Saturday's, February 11,  Austin Flea.  What I came up with.... of course...hearts.

I've made some lavender sachets before for another market (that didn't sell, since it was dead), but they ended up being great teacher gifts.  So I decided to make some more lavender sachets for this weekend, but instead of squares... hearts.  Oh yeah, you know, they are also made out of vintage sheets.  A dozen of them were made while watching my evening T.V. shows.  If they sell cool.  If not... then oh well.   

Dang, I have been a busy bee this week, with online job searches, YUK (that will soon drive me crazier), and sewing new, additional, items for the Flea it's like I have two full-time jobs (ok..that might be stretching it a little bit).  However, we all know how looking for a job online sucks a lot of time out of your day.

So for the Austin Flea, along with my vintage finds, and vintage sheet purses I've also made 12 heart sachets, 8 tissue holders, 7 half aprons, and 1 coin purse.  I have intentions of making more coin purses, but zippers s...l...o...w me down.  Today is pretty much the last day I have to sew new items, leaving Friday open to price and pack everything.  Yikes!  This week has gone by fast.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, and everyone at the Austin Flea, that this weekend will be a success.  This will be my third attempt to sell at a market so it'll be third-times-a-charm, or three strikes and I'm out.  Which one will it be?


4 comments:

  1. Lots of Luck...and I'm predicting Third Time's a Charm!
    I have a friend who reminds me When a door closes God opens a window. Maybe to let a little fresh air into our lives. His way of getting us out of our ruts? I don't know, but you've been in my prayers and will be. Hugs and :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute hearts :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! They will definitely sell! Good luck! Hopefully it's "third time is a charm"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lots of luck! There's definitely nothing wrong with what you make, it's just been bad timing so far. Cute hearts!

    ReplyDelete