Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feather pen

One of my all-time favorite movies is Amadeus.  I LOVE IT!!! 

So when I saw Prudent Baby's feather pen that was the first thing I thought of....Wolfie in Amadeus.  I pictured him sitting at his pool table working on his composition, using a feather pen.  Oh how... peaceful and elegant looking they are.  Sigh.

This project wasn't on my to do list but while roaming Hobby Lobby the other day I see large feathers on sale in the floral department, half off.  "Oooh!  Let me go check them out." 


Words from another favorite movie.
(I know kinda hard to read)

The color I really wanted was black, but they were puny or messed up, so I went with the next color on my list, red.  As if you can't tell by the color scheme of my blog and projects thus far I like black and red.  This is the color scheme in my bedroom. 

I don't know if this would be considered a "project" since it was so quick to put together, however, I had to use it as intended and write with it.  This did take some time to get use to.  You have to hold the pen just right so that the ink flows and touches the paper, and there is a scratching feel/sound as you write that is a little odd, but aww there is such a magical sense to it just seeing it and using it. 

I wish I had handwriting like way back when.

0 comments:

Post a Comment