Sunday, January 2, 2011

First project of the year

My new year started with a new project from a pattern I purchased from Gingercake.  It's the "On The Go Organizer". My purse is such a mess; I carelessly throw notes and receipts into my purse.  They all get crumpled and torn and my purse starts to look like an office trash bin to the point where I have a hard time finding my keys and phone among the mess.  The trash receptical that was once my purse needs a secretary, but since I can't afford one, and by the time I would explain to the secretary what I want to be done I would have been able to complete the task myself.  So I stepped up to the plate and accepted the challenge (actually I received a discount to the Gingercake website from a monthly newsletter I received from Prudent Baby...I love you Prudent Baby.  This is where I have found alot of my inspiration. So as I glanced through Gingercakes patterns I saw the "On The Go Organizer" pattern and knew I had to have it...later realizing this would be the perfect solution to my purse.)  The pattern and instructions are easy to follow and I have to admit I am quiet pleased with the result even though my edges are not as straight as I would have liked, but I am my own worst critic.  Now all I have to do is take a few minutes to sort through my trash bin...I mean purse and place what is needed into my organizer.  Happy Happy Joy Joy dance!!  Now only if I can find a sewing project that would organize my room.

1 comment:

  1. Ok second time trying to post to this thing. Like your accomplishment. Can't help but notice the Hobby Lobby Reciept. Some things never change! You could stuff this thing with Cotton Balls and Use it as a pillow so when you grow tired of sewing, you can sleep comfortably. Put the needle away prior to sleeping... could be dangerous!

    ReplyDelete