Monday, May 30, 2011

Thrift Share Monday's - May 30

Yikes!  I'm running late for my Thrift Share Monday.

So lets get right too it.

I'm having vintage sheet luck and I'm loving it!  I especially love it when I find patterns I already have but in different colors.  The bottom right I have in a blue back ground with blue and purple flowers.  Ahhhh love it!!!

I'm gonna start hoard embroidery loops for this project down the line.  This week I've had great luck finding them at thrift stores.  Here are two large ones that I'm really excited about.  In the center is my bundle of keys so you can get an idea on how large they are. 
Now comes in my finds...that I would not have found if not for my mom.  I've pretty much given up on the Goodwill.  One, their prices seem much more expensive then the other thrift shops I venture.  Two, their shelves are horrendous.  Items are always jumbled, thrown on shelves and it's a mess.  So today, me and my mom had the day off, but the kids had school (make-up snow day)...so that meant we had most of the day to roam kid-free.  She suggested we go to Goodwill since she knows I've been thrifting and didn't go to any garage sales this weekend.  I reluctantly agreed.  Our first stop I had one small find.  This super cute pitcher.  The only marking on the bottom is JAPAN, but the styling of the piece looks a lot like a sugar, creamer set I currently have on Etsy by Fred Roberts. 


Onto Thriftland....no luck.  Onto another Goodwill and got this set of Corning Ware serving stands (mom found).  I would of completely over looked them.  Plus she spotted this Corning Ware "Wildflower" casserole dish (I have another just like it.  Yay!).


Oh!  And while I was checking out at the Goodwill I get a phone call from my mom.  She's in the back of the store where the furniture is.  There is a small, in great condition, particle board (yuck I know) desk...for $10, but it perfect for the kids.  I'll post a picture of it later.  Think it's gonna get painted before I put it in my room.  I'll create a little art nook in my room for them since they always want to be up here when I'm sewing.

That's all for my thrifting this week, kinda slow, but the sheets really make up for the lack in other finds.  So how has your thrifting ventures been?

I'm linking up to Thrift Share Monday over at Apron Thrift  Girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment