Saturday, February 12, 2011

Look what I won!!

Yay!  I won some I-Spy squares from Obsessively Stitching last week and I just got them in the mail yesterday.  I'm even more excited now that I received them.

Even though I've sown on and off for years I've never done it as concentrated as I have now, within the last two-three months.  I've learned so much and there are countless things out there that I still haven't tried.  One of them is quilting a blanket.   

As soon as I received the package I started Googling projects that could be done, aside from a blanket.  However, this morning as I was going though the stack of squares, again, I asked my daughter, 11, what I should make with them.  She asked me to make her a blanket.  Ok!  A blanket it is.

I'm actually really excited about this project.  I'm gonna take my time and take this project slooow.   There is a bit of research to do since I've never made a quilt/blanket before.  Obsessively Stitching does have "First Ever Quilt" links that I'm definitely going to reference.  I've already determined the pattern I want to use, I think.  My daughter has picked out 50 I-Spy squares.  So I'm thinking to boarder each square with a coordinating or contrasting fabric, which ever looks best.

Hmmm.  As I'm typing this I'm guessing there is gonna be quiet a bit of math involved.  Isn't there?  I'm gonna need to calculate how big I want the blanket, minus the squares I do have, and figure out the amount of other fabric to incorporated into it, right?

Ooooh!  This is gonna be fun.

Thank you Obsessively Stitching.

Oh yeah!  She has some really cool patterns for creating Angry Bird plushies. I've got them printed and on my to do list.  Awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad the package arrived there safely.

    Hey, I've got a tutorial for an I-spy quilt that uses exactly the number of squares you have... 88! The math is done for you! Check it out here: http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2010/05/disappearing-nine.html It's the same pattern as First Quilt Ever, so you should be able to follow along pretty easily.

    Good luck! Making quilts is SO FUN! I hope you'll be come obsessed and addicted like I am! :o)

    ReplyDelete