I'm sl....ooow...ly, getting some sewing done. My craft area had been a complete disaster, but now there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I still got a bit of a mess of items/junk I don't know what to do with, but my vintage sheets are all nice an organized, I can access my sewing machine, and I now have a permanent cutting table in my room. Yay, to no longer cutting on the floor.
I have pictures of what my room was like, and pictures of the complete disaster it turned into once I decided to move things around. You know how that goes. You want to organize so you start to pull things out of all the nooks and crannies, and the mess ends up throwing up on itself. It was AWFUL. No pictures just yet though. I'll share when I get my area a bit more picked up and I'll reveal the before and after. Yikes!
So what have I accomplished sewing wise as of late? As I mentioned in a previous post I'm looking for my niche. I'm gonna try a whole bunch of different things and see what sticks. The last week or so I've been here and there with bunting. Finally last night I got to assemble a couple.
I'll admit I wasn't too excited by it when I was cutting out the flags. I wasn't that impressed with what I was seeing. However, once I got them sewn onto the binding it all came together, and it was soo much nicer than what I expected.
This rainbow bunting from flag to flag is 10 feet with an extra foot of binding at both ends totaling 12 feet. Twelve flags in all, each flag from a different vintage sheet. The flags are made with the same fabric on both sides. Even the binding is made from vintage sheet.
Both buntings are now in my Etsy shop ready for your next party or to cheer up your craft/kids room.