Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vintage sheet quilt update

I'm still working on my vintage sheet quilt, however you wouldn't be able to tell by my pictures that there has been much progress.

Now up to 88 strips of nine 2" squares, which will eventually turn into 9 x 9 blocks.  A total of 81 2" squares per block.  A total of 126 strips will be needed for the pattern I have in mind.  So that's only 38 strips to go, or 342 2" squares to go.  I like saying 38 strips...it sounds like I'm closer to being done.

Strips of nine 2" squares
I am using the chain sewing technique to initially attach two of the 2" squares, but the rest of the strip is individual, non-chain sewing.  I think this is because I have no set pattern to these rows.  Each row of nine is random and does not have a duplicate sheet, and I'm guessing no two rows will be alike.

Chain sewing

I've cut and bundled some of the 5" squares that will turn into 3 x 3 blocks (9 squares).  These will be quick blocks to sew together, especially after working with 81 2" squares.
Some of my 5" squares already bundled aside for a block of 9 squares (3x3).

It's amazing sometimes on how things happen.  This would not be coming together if it were not for my Accuquilt Go! Baby.  If you are a quilter (or not. I wasn't.) and don't have one of these cutters they are being given away all over sewing blogland so enter these giveaways to win one like I did.  Craft Buds has a page of weekly giveaways and Love Affair with my Brother is giving a Go! Baby away right now....seriously...until August 18th.  So go enter to win with them.


3 comments:

  1. I am lovin' this project! 38 sounds great :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL When I started quilting at Christmas 2009, I would get up from the sewing machine after every single row and say to my husband, over enthusiastically "Look, Honey! I've finished ANOTHER row!" and he would do his best to match my enthusiasm with "that's good, Honey". Now I go a few Rows, but he still has to look away from the tv at least and congratulate me in some form hehe.
    I set up my blog after all, come and see the quilts I've made at www.cassthecoolest.com when you get a chance. I'd love to 'friend up' with you, I don't know how to do that & I have no friends LOL.

    ReplyDelete